Hi All Event rules can be usen on Forms for hiding and showing some f

Certified Senior Developer
Hi All

Event rules can be usen on Forms for hiding and showing some form fields as mentioned at forum.appian.com/.../Creating_Dynamic_Form_Fields

Can we change a field to read only or Required also by using event rules only?

Thanks...

OriginalPostID-79861

OriginalPostID-79861

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    re: the original question - i'm not entirely sure what you're trying to accomplish but i have use cases requiring this in my project. the workaround is actually rather simple: you create two fields on the form (usually i put them next to each other), one is editable and the other is read-only (and/or disabled), and i set them both to "hide/show" in such a way that only one of them shows up at any given time. The effect on the user-end is seamless, and no javascript is required; it's fully mobile-compliant and almost no extra work on the designer.
    Certified Lead Developer
    re: the original question - i'm not entirely sure what you're trying to accomplish but i have use cases requiring this in my project. the workaround is actually rather simple: you create two fields on the form (usually i put them next to each other), one is editable and the other is read-only (and/or disabled), and i set them both to "hide/show" in such a way that only one of them shows up at any given time. The effect on the user-end is seamless, and no javascript is required; it's fully mobile-compliant and almost no extra work on the designer.
Children
No Data