Is it possible to have helpToolTip for a text in a editable grid?

I have a requirement to have a helpToolTip for a text in a cell present in an editable grid.

I've added a textField with helpToolTip in a row of an editable grid. However helpToolTip doesn't appear on the text.

Am I missing something? Or it's not possible to have a help icon in an editable grid?

Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi i believe, You are using a!gridLayoutHeaderCell() in order to define the TextField labels with in the Grid.

a!gridLayoutHeaderCell() defines a property, i.e. helpTooltip, you can make the use of it. for example:

{
    a!gridLayoutHeaderCell(label: "First Name", helpTooltip: "Enter Your First Name here),
    a!gridLayoutHeaderCell(label: "Last Name", helpTooltip: "Enter Your Last Name here)
    }

When you are using various field component in Editable Grid, you can't utilize their all properties such as label, helpToolTip, alignment etc.. because grid will repeat the same component with same configuration but different data, hence we need to define these common configuration for these columns using a!gridLayoutHeaderCell() as mention above.

Hope this will help you.
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi i believe, You are using a!gridLayoutHeaderCell() in order to define the TextField labels with in the Grid.

a!gridLayoutHeaderCell() defines a property, i.e. helpTooltip, you can make the use of it. for example:

{
    a!gridLayoutHeaderCell(label: "First Name", helpTooltip: "Enter Your First Name here),
    a!gridLayoutHeaderCell(label: "Last Name", helpTooltip: "Enter Your Last Name here)
    }

When you are using various field component in Editable Grid, you can't utilize their all properties such as label, helpToolTip, alignment etc.. because grid will repeat the same component with same configuration but different data, hence we need to define these common configuration for these columns using a!gridLayoutHeaderCell() as mention above.

Hope this will help you.
Children