Error using Document and Folder Browser Component "(not available as [])"

When trying to use the Document and Folder Browser Component in a blank interface expression I get the following error:

Could not display interface. Please check definition and inputs. Interface Definition: Expression evaluation error at function a!documentAndFolderBrowserFieldColumns [line 8]: Invalid function a!documentAndFolderBrowserFieldColumns (not available as [])

I am using the exact code given in the documentation example found at:

https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/17.4/Document_and_Folder_Browser_Component.html

The only substitution that I have made is changing the following:

local!rootFolder: cons!REPORTS_FOLDER to 

local!rootFolder: cons!MY_FOLDER (single value of folder type)

So I can't understand where the array error is coming from. I am using the cloud version of Appian 17.3.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    A Score Level 2
    in reply to oscarb0002
    This is in response to your question "Ok, that makes sense. Will the older version still work? a!documentBrowserFieldColumns_17r3":To give you a brief picture on Functions versioning concept
    The component has a new version in 17.4 release. So,if we are in 17.3 version environment the functions works as is.i.e., we need not append anything to it. In future if your environment is upgraded to 17.4, in your interface the function name will be automatically changed to a!documentBrowserFieldColumns_17r3.(Since this component has a new version in the new release).
    When you are in 17.4 environment and want to use the previous version of the function, you have to use a!documentBrowserFieldColumns_17r3.
    Else, use the function as is (i.e., documentBrowserFieldColumns()) so that the new changes implemented to the function can be reflected

For a detailed understanding of Functions versioning concept, please have a look at the below link: docs.appian.com/.../function_versions.html
Children
No Data