Globalization(Change Language Based on Inputs) in Interface

I had a Requirement to show the Interface Labels in particular language,

Based on the selected Language/Country from radio Button placed in the same form.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • If you have a reasonably small set of labels to iterate through, you can save each label in a constant. Each constant will be an array of labels in all the supported languages, all languages in the same order every time.

Label 1 English, Label 1 in French, Label 1 in German, Label 1 in Russian, Label 1 in Arabic
    Label 2 English, Label 2 in French, Label 2 in German, Label 2 in Russian, Label 2 in Arabic
    and so on

Then Label 1 gets value: cons!label1[local!languageRadioButtonValue]

You translate, not Appian. And not every time, only once ever. All Appian does is select text from a list. And no DB connection to contend with, so it should be lightning fast.

This also assumes you have a reasonably small number of languages, seeing as a user is expected to pick with a radio button.
  • Thanks for the great solution David,
    Just 3 to 4 languages I have, but huge labels are there, your answer best suits if we have less variables ,
    I just heared about resource() Function, will check with it aswell. :)
  • Hi Chandrasekharm,

I am also having a scenario in which I need to build entire form content in the user's preferred language, which user will select in the beginning. So, can you suggest me any way to achieve it?
    Is it possible to implement using resource() function?
Reply Children
No Data