Billboard Media Dimensions?

Working on adding an image to a billboard and wanted to reach out to see if there were the true dimensions/pixels length and width of the billboard. I saw design considerations in the link below but wanted to remove the guess work of estimating image size.

https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/17.3/ux_billboard.html

Thanks!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • These dimensions I found for the billboard layout background media are when the screen zoom-in is 100% of chrome and the Appian interface width is set to Standard.

Short: 1235.47 X 200

Medium: 1235.47 X 300

Tall: 1219.14 X 450

However the height of the media displayed can be adjusted by using "height" attribute of the layout which takes SHORT, MEDIUM & TALL. This will not resize the image but will resize the window in which the image is displayed cropping the image towards center. Make sure the image you are putting in the layout has main contents/objects of it in the center of the image and not on the sides/edges of the images. 

- Harshit

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Harshit Bumb (Appyzie)

To make a custom image for billboard layout, I first started with a billboard layout set to a high-contrast background color (in my case dark blue), then used windows snipping tool to grab the entire dark blue section of my interface.

Opening the snip in a graphical editing tool (MS Paint because it was my work computer) I was able to crop the image to just the billboard layout.  I could then draw from there.  You could use the same technique, and when you're down to just the billboard layout, you'll have an image the exact height and width.

The other key to why this technique works is that I was able to grab the components I was putting on top of my billboard as well, so I could adjust the image behind with regards to the exact placement of the components, and this worked out really well.

Reply Children
No Data