Position of validation error message

Hey Guys, So I'm using a!sectionsLayoutColumn twice to display and hide (validation error display) bunch of text boxes. So my issue is, can I create a local variable that can hold CSS properties like red color, position etc., for the message to appear in that column layout. 

Also i'm quite new to the Appian programming entirely. So I just want to find out if there's an easy solution or fix for this? 

-

Nick

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • No.. Appian does not give control over individual CSS properties... What you can do is position validation errors on sections, forms layouts, or individual fields..

And you can also trigger additional text to be rendered..

If you want a highly custom validation message to appear, suggest using the Rich Text Component..

docs.appian.com/.../Rich_Text_Component.html

This will give you styling control over some text in your form.. such as color (red, green, black, grey).. size.. alignment (right, left, center) etc.. You could also include bullets and links..

You can use the showWhen parameter to show the rich text message on a certain condition..

But note, you will still need to use validation configuration on the fields or layouts, as validation will have the extra benefit of preventing a form submission until the validation errors are resolved.
  • No.. Appian does not give control over individual CSS properties... What you can do is position validation errors on sections, forms layouts, or individual fields..

And you can also trigger additional text to be rendered..

If you want a highly custom validation message to appear, suggest using the Rich Text Component..

docs.appian.com/.../Rich_Text_Component.html

This will give you styling control over some text in your form.. such as color (red, green, black, grey).. size.. alignment (right, left, center) etc.. You could also include bullets and links..

You can use the showWhen parameter to show the rich text message on a certain condition..

But note, you will still need to use validation configuration on the fields or layouts, as validation will have the extra benefit of preventing a form submission until the validation errors are resolved.
Children