Embedded Interface Authentication

A Score Level 2

I understand that we need to have either SSO or user need to login to access any Appian Interface publish on to a 3rd party site as an embedded interface. I want to know is there a way to skip that login part and setup some kind on authetication tunner btetween the web portal and Appian so that the end user doesn't need to authenticate ? I am looking to expose a record daashbord on a wwebportal and don't want the users to login and make it available to public.

Thanks !

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Rajat,

This can be done in another way around as well. You must have a generic account, one appian web api and in the appian and on the 3rd party application has a jsp where you must call this dummy api with that generic account then once that is successfull you can see the nessasry things get's download (nessasary cookies and other required componants in the browser like what you see when you loggedin in the appian applicaiton using login page) in the broswer so that authentication can automatically skip and you can then put your code to populate the record.
  • Hi Rajat,

This can be done in another way around as well. You must have a generic account, one appian web api and in the appian and on the 3rd party application has a jsp where you must call this dummy api with that generic account then once that is successfull you can see the nessasry things get's download (nessasary cookies and other required componants in the browser like what you see when you loggedin in the appian applicaiton using login page) in the broswer so that authentication can automatically skip and you can then put your code to populate the record.
Children
No Data