Hi all, I have following use case. A user should be able to search a

Hi all,

I have following use case. A user should be able to search a database with software and select a certain amount. Based on the selection the user should be able to choose specific versions of the software in a dropdown. The versions are different depending on the chosen software. What is the best way to implement a dynamic dropdown like this? From my research in forum I understand that this is not possible using the OOTB grid feature. Do you have any other suggestions on how to do this?

TIA, Moritz...

OriginalPostID-80828

OriginalPostID-80828

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Would a one-at-a-time approach be appropriate here? In the solution I'm thinking of (which may still be off-base for your use case, but just for example), I would allow selection of one specific software from the grid, and when the user clicks Next, the same form would be shown again but with a hidden section shown containing further information on the selected item and the dropdown with version(s); then when the user selects one and continues, perhaps have the same page load yet again but with a read-only grid at the top showing the software and version(s) selected by the user so-far, such that they can add an arbitrary number and that grid grows as they add things. You can enable an additional button called "finished" when they've added one or more softwares, which will take them onward.
    Certified Lead Developer
    Would a one-at-a-time approach be appropriate here? In the solution I'm thinking of (which may still be off-base for your use case, but just for example), I would allow selection of one specific software from the grid, and when the user clicks Next, the same form would be shown again but with a hidden section shown containing further information on the selected item and the dropdown with version(s); then when the user selects one and continues, perhaps have the same page load yet again but with a read-only grid at the top showing the software and version(s) selected by the user so-far, such that they can add an arbitrary number and that grid grows as they add things. You can enable an additional button called "finished" when they've added one or more softwares, which will take them onward.
Children
No Data