This is a two part question: First: there are break tags <br> s

This is a two part question:

First: there are break tags <br> showing up in a paragraph field when a user does a carriage return. Is there anyway to eliminate these tags? In a long entry with many breaks they are really mess up the readability of the text. And second:

Does a text box not respect the line breaks of a cut and paste entry? For example I cut a blurb from a notepad ++ file that had again carriage returns and indentations. When I inserted the text in the text box in the form everything was removed and it was put in one large paragraph. This made the work that had been done pretty useless and the user had to work to get the data separated again.

Thanks...

OriginalPostID-81553

OriginalPostID-81553

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    I currently handle line breaks in input text via my own custom expression rules as-necessary. One of the drawbacks is, i believe, standard line breaks stored into the DB will render as <br> tags in paging grids (i forget whether they're written literally so to the DB, but i didn't think so). I actually have no issue copy/pasting info from notepad++, but this could be different depending on your OS, browser, and whether you're using tempo or classic input forms, for example.

One hint I can give is, line breaks will render EITHER as char(10), OR char(13)&char(10) - if you want some visual-aid for troubleshooting reasons, take one of your forms with a paragraph input and temporarily add a text/paragraph field which takes your input and passes it through the code() function - seeing the character codes the system is actually getting can be a bit of a help when trying to understand what's actually going on.
    Certified Lead Developer
    I currently handle line breaks in input text via my own custom expression rules as-necessary. One of the drawbacks is, i believe, standard line breaks stored into the DB will render as <br> tags in paging grids (i forget whether they're written literally so to the DB, but i didn't think so). I actually have no issue copy/pasting info from notepad++, but this could be different depending on your OS, browser, and whether you're using tempo or classic input forms, for example.

One hint I can give is, line breaks will render EITHER as char(10), OR char(13)&char(10) - if you want some visual-aid for troubleshooting reasons, take one of your forms with a paragraph input and temporarily add a text/paragraph field which takes your input and passes it through the code() function - seeing the character codes the system is actually getting can be a bit of a help when trying to understand what's actually going on.
Children
No Data