How to navigate from one form to other without Process Model and by passing on the fields from main UI to child UI?

Scenario:  Trying to load a form with existing data where only few fields are editable. Once user edits and submits form details, entire form CDT is expected to be passed on to the next page. The second page we need to navigate is just a read only form. 

Couple of recipes would be great, on how to implement this with a process model and without process model? please help.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

Hi @anushas0002 firm wizard is the best option for your use case. Where you can define one section fir each form content.

So fir example, if you have 5 forms then you can define their contents into 5 different sections and put that under a single form.

Where each one of the section must be displayed on a certain condition. So that, user should be able to any one section at a time.

Also you need to define the buttons in such a way so that, initially while displaying the first section, it should display 2 buttons i.e. Cancel, Next

While showing rest of the sections excluding the last one, you should display 2 buttons i.e. Next and Previous

And while showing the last section, you should display 2 buttons I.e. Submit, Previous.

You can achieve this using the manipulation over a local variable.

Here the main factor is,how you manipulate and make the use of showWhen attribute of section layout and button  widget submit to display the section and button conditionally.

Also additionally you can add more details such as milestones etc..

Hope this will help.

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer

Hi @anushas0002 firm wizard is the best option for your use case. Where you can define one section fir each form content.

So fir example, if you have 5 forms then you can define their contents into 5 different sections and put that under a single form.

Where each one of the section must be displayed on a certain condition. So that, user should be able to any one section at a time.

Also you need to define the buttons in such a way so that, initially while displaying the first section, it should display 2 buttons i.e. Cancel, Next

While showing rest of the sections excluding the last one, you should display 2 buttons i.e. Next and Previous

And while showing the last section, you should display 2 buttons I.e. Submit, Previous.

You can achieve this using the manipulation over a local variable.

Here the main factor is,how you manipulate and make the use of showWhen attribute of section layout and button  widget submit to display the section and button conditionally.

Also additionally you can add more details such as milestones etc..

Hope this will help.

Children
No Data