I want to parse a user-uploaded CSV file from a interface to database and show the imported records from database in the same interface

I have a interface where user can upload a CSV file. In the process model I have some duplicate checking functionality and then "import csv to database" smart service to insert the data to the database table. Now, I want to show a short message to the user that, how many of the records are successfully stored in the database. I want to show it in a modal or somewhere below in that interface (the CSV upload interface). How can I achieve that?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Sudipta,

I agree with @chandu approach. Take the csv file and then when hit submit it will hit next node in the process model where you can do necessary things and then loop back the same UI again. it only works when you have limited number of rows, If you have more data then the activity chain may break in the case you may have to show a message on UI saying that once the data is loaded you will get a task assigned.

Thanks.
  • Hi Sudipta,

I agree with @chandu approach. Take the csv file and then when hit submit it will hit next node in the process model where you can do necessary things and then loop back the same UI again. it only works when you have limited number of rows, If you have more data then the activity chain may break in the case you may have to show a message on UI saying that once the data is loaded you will get a task assigned.

Thanks.
Children
No Data