Hi, Related to PDF file upload and Preview

I have an interface where am uploading PDF files by using a!fileUploadField() and I need to preview that uploaded PDF file.

How we can display that uploaded PDF files in the interface.

How we can do the PDF Preview? 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Hi     adding to above mention suggestions, as we are aware of the fact that, most of the clients are still working with 17.x or lower version Appian hence this solution won't work in those environments. Hence the recommended approach could be, provide a link to download the document and then view the same.

Otherwise build a server plugin (stateless) which should accept Basic authentication and can stream the document in binary having octet-stream

Also, Out of interest, may I know why does the user wants to have the preview of the document which is uploaded by him. Anyhow he can preview the same in his PC?

Certified Lead Developer

Hi     adding to above mention suggestions, as we are aware of the fact that, most of the clients are still working with 17.x or lower version Appian hence this solution won't work in those environments. Hence the recommended approach could be, provide a link to download the document and then view the same.

Otherwise build a server plugin (stateless) which should accept Basic authentication and can stream the document in binary having octet-stream

Also, Out of interest, may I know why does the user wants to have the preview of the document which is uploaded by him. Anyhow he can preview the same in his PC?

Children
No Data