Quick Task

Certified Senior Developer

Hello all,

Can anyone please tell me what is this Quick task, why do we use it under User input task, what is the benefit of enabling it.

Does this Quick task appear in Tempo ?

I great appreciate your effort to help people learn.

Thanks,

Preji 
Share, Learn & Grow :) 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi,
    In Tempo, Quick Tasks appear as related actions under Process Backed Records. A new instance of the task is automatically generated after one is completed.

Like other tasks, quick tasks are not required to have an incoming flow, but they must have an outgoing flow.
    If a quick task does not have an incoming flow it is activated immediately upon startup of the process.

Once a quick task has been enabled, it can be disabled in one of the following ways:
    1.Configure an exception flow.
    2.Make an in-flight modification to the process, in case no exception flow was configured or you wish to stop the Quick Task manually.

A process containing quick task will be completed only when the flow hits Terminate event.
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to snehab848
    Hi,

Can you give me real time example where can we make use of quick tasks?
    in reply to shwetad
    Hi shwetad,

----->When a task is configured as a quick task, existing forms and data configurations are preserved. Task assignee's can view and
    complete the task.
    ----->Apart from the task assignee's, process administrators and users with Manager level access to the process can view and complete
    quick tasks that are assigned to other users and groups.
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to shwetad
    Lets say you have an action or related action. On kick starting the process, a task is assigned to a user(activity chained) and you do not want the task to be in user's tasks queue even though the users does not completes the task(By closing the browser tab like that). This case can be achieved by making the user input task as a quick task.

Thanks
    in reply to santhoshs
    hi Santhos,
    Please correct me if am wrong, so you mean to say here we can create a quick task if we don't want the task to appear in the User's task queue .

Thanks
  • +3
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to shwetad

Hi Shweta,

Example:
    Consider you have initiated the process of applying for loan.
    Your entered all the required details and submitted the form.
    If you want to modify some detail then you can use a Quick Task (i.e. Related Action of Process backed record) to edit the data in the running instance (i.e. Process Backed Record), rather than initiating a new process instance.
    Once the loan is approved by the approver, the Quick task can be disabled so that user cannot modify any thing in that instance.

Quick tasks were majorly used in earlier Appian versions when Tempo & Records were not available.

Hope this helped.

• +3
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to shwetad

Hi Shweta,

Example:
    Consider you have initiated the process of applying for loan.
    Your entered all the required details and submitted the form.
    If you want to modify some detail then you can use a Quick Task (i.e. Related Action of Process backed record) to edit the data in the running instance (i.e. Process Backed Record), rather than initiating a new process instance.
    Once the loan is approved by the approver, the Quick task can be disabled so that user cannot modify any thing in that instance.

Quick tasks were majorly used in earlier Appian versions when Tempo & Records were not available.

Hope this helped.

Children