Need to faster way to find all deprecated function in appian application

Hi ,

We are having application which is having function of older version which is going to be deprecated in 17.4.

like a!formLayout_17r1.

I want to find out all in single search and convert t new one .

Do have any meta data store in appian regarding this ?

as sometimes if we are changing one place than parent or child code is getting impact also.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I would recommend you take a look at this page: docs.appian.com/.../function_versions.html

The versioned functions are not deprecated, and may continue to be used indefinitely. But many customers will nonetheless want to take advantage of the improved functionality offered by newer versions of evolved functions, and we certainly encourage you to do so going forward.

If you do want to convert your existing usages of older functions to their newer versions, that's great! But you should be aware that evolved functions will not all necessarily work the exact same way as their older counterparts, so you'll likely have to make the change on a case-by-case basis, rather than with an en masse find-and-replace.

Finally, to find functions matching certain text, such as "17r1", you can use the built-in Expression Search functionality: docs.appian.com/.../find_and_search_in_appian.html
  • I would recommend you take a look at this page: docs.appian.com/.../function_versions.html

The versioned functions are not deprecated, and may continue to be used indefinitely. But many customers will nonetheless want to take advantage of the improved functionality offered by newer versions of evolved functions, and we certainly encourage you to do so going forward.

If you do want to convert your existing usages of older functions to their newer versions, that's great! But you should be aware that evolved functions will not all necessarily work the exact same way as their older counterparts, so you'll likely have to make the change on a case-by-case basis, rather than with an en masse find-and-replace.

Finally, to find functions matching certain text, such as "17r1", you can use the built-in Expression Search functionality: docs.appian.com/.../find_and_search_in_appian.html
Children