Usage of Load()within with()

Hello Folks,

can anybody give me a use case/ scenario where load() function is used within a with() function.

Thanks In Advance.

Regards,

Amit

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    As far as I've ever been able to tell, the only thing that matters regarding placement of load() and with() is the actual variables that you declare in them, and where you need those variables used.

I've heard people claim for a long time that "code contained inside a with() re-evaluates", but I think this might be a bit misleading as it's just the with() variables themselves that re-evaluate, and then any components using these will adjust as necessary.

load() is usually placed outside the scope of a with() variable as load() variables (at any level) only automatically evaluate once per form load, and thereafter their values only adjust when manually pushed from a component. the with() section (if any) is usually done inside this as it most likely needs to refer to load() variables and their potentially changing values (as changed by user input etc). But none of this is strictly required. You can have a load() and no with(), or a with() and no load(), or any combination of them at various levels, as long as they do what you need.
    Certified Lead Developer
    As far as I've ever been able to tell, the only thing that matters regarding placement of load() and with() is the actual variables that you declare in them, and where you need those variables used.

I've heard people claim for a long time that "code contained inside a with() re-evaluates", but I think this might be a bit misleading as it's just the with() variables themselves that re-evaluate, and then any components using these will adjust as necessary.

load() is usually placed outside the scope of a with() variable as load() variables (at any level) only automatically evaluate once per form load, and thereafter their values only adjust when manually pushed from a component. the with() section (if any) is usually done inside this as it most likely needs to refer to load() variables and their potentially changing values (as changed by user input etc). But none of this is strictly required. You can have a load() and no with(), or a with() and no load(), or any combination of them at various levels, as long as they do what you need.
Children
No Data