Usage of Load()within with()

Hello Folks,

can anybody give me a use case/ scenario where load() function is used within a with() function.

Thanks In Advance.

Regards,

Amit

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer
    Hi Amit,
    To understand the actual difference on both functions I would suggest you to use one function at a time and see how the Appian respond to you.

With just load() in your logic you can see the details in a form is loaded only once i.e. at the time of initial load.
    that means you wont be able to see any dynamic changes in your form with whatever selection you make in form and hence it is advisable t use load() only where you wish to populate details at first and should not change after once its loaded.

Now with with() you can see your form dynamically changes with the details selected in the form (for an example consider based on your country selection the field for phone code automatic changes ) for such logic you should be using with().

I hope this would help you better understand about both the function.

Thanks.
    Certified Senior Developer
    Hi Amit,
    To understand the actual difference on both functions I would suggest you to use one function at a time and see how the Appian respond to you.

With just load() in your logic you can see the details in a form is loaded only once i.e. at the time of initial load.
    that means you wont be able to see any dynamic changes in your form with whatever selection you make in form and hence it is advisable t use load() only where you wish to populate details at first and should not change after once its loaded.

Now with with() you can see your form dynamically changes with the details selected in the form (for an example consider based on your country selection the field for phone code automatic changes ) for such logic you should be using with().

I hope this would help you better understand about both the function.

Thanks.
Children
No Data