Need sorting without Paginginfo

Hi ,

I have list of year in drop down which i want to sort without using paging info function ?

Can we do that ? 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi as per my understanding few points as mentioned below:

1. Usage of datasubset is the best option to achieve your requirement. In fact while working on some other module if your dependent code is written by your colleague and not meeting the standars then you can probably flag this out and modify this instead of compromising/ignoring this. As you are aware these features are OOTB in Appian hence suggesting other work around is not a great option. However you can achieve this in several ways.

2. Alternate way: you can write a stored procedure and query the data in ascending/descending order then concat the resultant values into a single variable of type varchar2/varchar2/text. Return this variable as an OUT parameter and capture the same in Appian, split this text into list of text string and use this inside the dropdown. Similarly if you want to carry the primary key id, you need to follow the same step and instead of one OUT parameter, you need to return 2 OUT parameters.

But once again, this approach is not recommended.
  • This is not optimized solution for this problem. Please suggest something else.
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to sauravk

Hi Saurav,

There is only one optimised way to achieve this requirement, i.e. by using datasubset(with pagingInfo) which you don't want to go for.

Hence frankly to say there are no such optimised solution for your requirement other than OOTB approach of datasubset with pagingInfo

Reply Children
No Data