Is there a guideline/standard on using containers?

Is there a set of Appian standards on using containers? For example I know that I can put a Box layout inside a columns layout, or a side by side inside a columns layout. I'm looking for a set of rules that would allow me to decide what component to put inside what and when. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I haven't seen Appian suggest one approach as a standard through its documentation so far. Most times, it's appropriate to use any container as long as the container you're using can fit the criteria of what you're trying to accomplish and the code is not overly cluttered. There are certainly optimal ways to approach most scenarios but that can vary depending what requirements you're trying to fulfill.

Are you looking for cases where it would generally be preferred to use on type of a container over another?
  • I haven't seen Appian suggest one approach as a standard through its documentation so far. Most times, it's appropriate to use any container as long as the container you're using can fit the criteria of what you're trying to accomplish and the code is not overly cluttered. There are certainly optimal ways to approach most scenarios but that can vary depending what requirements you're trying to fulfill.

Are you looking for cases where it would generally be preferred to use on type of a container over another?
Children
No Data