Hi all, I have just passed the Appian Designer test. However, much of it was theory. I am not practically trying to build applications and need some help. I have some questions on images:
1. How do I simply add an Appian Icon to my interface?
2. How do I add an image (I believe I have to upload it as a document object then refer to it)?
3. On Billboards, I can easily add an image but I can't seem to add text in the billboard, how do I add text?
What is the best practices in adding an image?
Thank you for your help. Eric
The steps to using a document image are as follows
1. Upload an image to your appian application, will be type Document
2. Create a constant of type Document and point it at your image
3. On your Appian interface, use a!imageField, example code snippet follows:
As for Billboards, you can use a rich text component inside the OverlayContents of the billboard to show text
In order to add an icon, you can do something like this:
1) You can add Appian icons to your interface by using a!richTextIcon( ), a!iconIndicator( ), a!iconNewsEvent( )
And, you can check the Available Icons from this link
Refer this code snippet
label: "Icon Indicator",
label: "Document image",
2) You can add images by using a!imageField( )
We have web images, user images, and document images. You need to upload a document and place that in one constant.
sample code snippet
3) On Billboards, You can add text through overlay Contents by using a!richTextDisplayField( )
Refer to this sample code snippet
Hope this helpful
Thanks and Regards,
Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible
© 2020 Appian. All rights reserved.