Issues with specific timezone only

Certified Associate Developer

Hello All,

I have an application where I used datetime component. When user selects any date and time it shows the correct time based on users profile setting but when user sets IST as there timezone then it shows the time which is 30 minutes less. It works fine for all other timezones. Any suggestion about this issue?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

I'm not familiar with any timezone issues like this, but if the issue is happening consistently with the IST timezone and it is always 30 minutes off, could you handle the exception with an expression rule?  If the user's time zone is an available input on the form where they are entering the datetime, you could add 30 minutes to the saved value if IST.  This doesn't address why this timezone specifically is off, but it might work as a band-aid solution.

load(
        local!date:todatetime(now()),
        local!timeZone:"IST",
        local!adjustedDate:if(local!timeZone="IST",local!date+minute(30),local!date),
        local!adjustedDate
    )

Certified Senior Developer

I'm not familiar with any timezone issues like this, but if the issue is happening consistently with the IST timezone and it is always 30 minutes off, could you handle the exception with an expression rule?  If the user's time zone is an available input on the form where they are entering the datetime, you could add 30 minutes to the saved value if IST.  This doesn't address why this timezone specifically is off, but it might work as a band-aid solution.

load(
        local!date:todatetime(now()),
        local!timeZone:"IST",
        local!adjustedDate:if(local!timeZone="IST",local!date+minute(30),local!date),
        local!adjustedDate
    )

Children