Dynamic interfaces using grids

Hi, 

Always great to get thoughts from the Appian community. I would like to create a dynamic interface. So far, I have a grid. The first column of each row is a link to another interface. My questions are:

- How can I configure a back button on the second interface to go back to the main interface? 

- when the user clicks SAVE on the second interface, I would like it to submit the data but not go back to the main interface. What might be the best way to do something like this? 

Your help will be greatly appreciated. 

Many thanks, 

Eric

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Associate Developer

Hi Eric,

1) For back button, you have to follow below steps inside process model

- Click on properties for main interface input task node and click on others tab

- At the bottom you can see an option "Allow Users to step back to this node from next chained activity". Click on that and this will be provide a default Go Back button on the very next interface which will redirect to this main interface when user clicks on Go Back button

2) For saving the data you can store those data into mysql table and maybe you provide a simple interface containing a richtext message like

"Your data submitted successfull" or "There was some issue in previous operation. Try again"

with submit button. This will help user to understand whether their operation was successful or not and simply end the process when they click submit button

Certified Associate Developer

Hi Eric,

1) For back button, you have to follow below steps inside process model

- Click on properties for main interface input task node and click on others tab

- At the bottom you can see an option "Allow Users to step back to this node from next chained activity". Click on that and this will be provide a default Go Back button on the very next interface which will redirect to this main interface when user clicks on Go Back button

2) For saving the data you can store those data into mysql table and maybe you provide a simple interface containing a richtext message like

"Your data submitted successfull" or "There was some issue in previous operation. Try again"

with submit button. This will help user to understand whether their operation was successful or not and simply end the process when they click submit button

Children