a!startProcessLink() redirecting back to last clicked PM

I am using a!startProcessLink() to create four different actions from a main page. Main page is part of a process model which contains start node >> main Page (where all four start process links are configured) >> end node (configured to terminate). 

When i launch main process model it shows me page with four link e.g "A", "B", "C" & "D". I also have one "exit" button as buttonWidgetSubmit in main page. If i click on any of the link it will it will launch related PM and clicking on "Back" button will redirect to the main page. Problem is that when i click on "exit" button afterwards, process redirect me to last clicked link instead of completely exit process.

e.g.

main page  >> link "A" >> back button >> main page >> link "B" >> back button >> main page >> clicked exit will redirect me as if i clicked on link "B" and open "B"'s UI.

Any advise would be great help. 

Note: "All in tempo under Action tab"

Thanks,

Ajay Pandey

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to ajayp
    Are you able to reproduce this behavior either in a secondary environment or at least a secondary unconnected app which you could then either share an export or at least screenshot(s) demonstrating the issue occurring?
    If this continues and you are able to confirm it isn't a bug in your code etc, you might look into opening a support case for the issue and finding a way to demonstrate it to the support personnel.
Children
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Mike Schmitt
    I've encountered this behavior when using process task links on a form started via a related action. It is annoying, but the basic idea is that Appian retains the context stack for a user and returns the user to the previous context. I've copied the exact phrasing below. It isn't documented that well and can be confusing in situations like these. The product use case they gave me was #934.

When a task is completed, the user is redirected to the URL where the user initiated the task from. In most cases, this is a report on a record view or site page. If they complete the task from the task tab, it returns to the task tab URL. In this defined customer use case, they are being redirected back to the the related action. The reason you are seeing this invoke a new related action is that currently both related actions and actions are invoked or kicked off when navigated to directly via the URL.