SuperScripts and Subscripts in user interface

Certified Associate Developer

Hello All,

I have a scenario like i need to display few special characters inside grid interface to be selected by user.

some of the special characters are superscripts and subscripts. 

subscripts are like  H2O ,α2,N

superscripts are like  25,23

Is there any way that we can achieve this functionality in appian. 

superscripts and subscripts can be achieved directly from MS word doc but if i do copy paste the same into appian interface the value is behaving as normal. 

for example, the value 102 in word doc after superscripting gives 102 (based on selection 2) where as in appian SAIL it is behaving as normal number as 102. 

Please let me know any suggestions.

TIA,

Siva

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

I believe 's advice above is OK to try - but I recommend, for further precise control, you call the unicode characters directly with Appian's "char()" function.  I would consider creating an expression rule where you pass in the number you want superscripted / subscripted and it passes out the unicode character.  This will help ensure that the different characters you use are, for example, the correct character and all from a consistent character set (i notice that the list of Superscript characters listed above seem to be from at least 2 different sets).

This page has a list of all the subscript and superscript numbers in unicode.  To get the character code for each one you need to click into it and look for the html / decimal codes.  For example, the character code for superscript 4 is 8308.

char(8308)
    in reply to Mike Schmitt
    Hi ,

it worked and able to save the values in DB also but there are some special characters like ζδΥεαβα₁α₂α₁аα₁ь .
    i am able to save the above special characters values into DB but unfortunately those values are not appearing PDF while generating PDF.
    instead of exact values(selected special characters ) the field in PDF displaying with ## (Hash )values.

any suggestions

TIA
    Siva
    in reply to Mike Schmitt
    Hi ,

it worked and able to save the values in DB also but there are some special characters like ζδΥεαβα₁α₂α₁аα₁ь .
    i am able to save the above special characters values into DB but unfortunately those values are not appearing PDF while generating PDF.
    instead of exact values(selected special characters ) the field in PDF displaying with ## (Hash )values.

any suggestions

TIA
    Siva
Children
No Data