User picker component

Hi ,

I am using user picker component and passing the value of user picker by using a local variable fetched using query.when i try to change the value of user picker,it is showing the same value .PFB the code

a!pickerFieldUsers(

value:index(local!Data,"owner",{}),

saveInto:ril!owner,

label:"Owner",
required: true,
maxSelections: 1,
labelPosition: "JUSTIFIED

)

Kindly request to provide suggestions for this issue.Is there any way to save this local data by default to rule input so that i can use rule input instead of local variable.

Thanks in Advance

Pradeep

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Fundamentally here you need to understand the workings of the "value:" and "saveInto:" parameters. In your case, the picker is setting its display value based on the current value of local!Data.owner, but if your saveInto is only saving the new value to ri!owner, then we would *expect* the displayed value to not change, as local!Data.owner is not being modified.

There are several different ways to solve this, but the best solution will depend on the intricacies of your use case.

Certified Lead Developer

Fundamentally here you need to understand the workings of the "value:" and "saveInto:" parameters. In your case, the picker is setting its display value based on the current value of local!Data.owner, but if your saveInto is only saving the new value to ri!owner, then we would *expect* the displayed value to not change, as local!Data.owner is not being modified.

There are several different ways to solve this, but the best solution will depend on the intricacies of your use case.

Children