SAIL Logs

Certified Lead Developer

Hi all,

I am calling a rule that calls a number of rules internally from a sail form. Is there any log containing Information about the error? The error message is "internal Server error" and there is no process model to see what happened.

Many thanks!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi - depending what version of Appian you're using the JBOSS / TOMCAT STDOUT logs might contain some additional helpful error information. The Design_Errors log will contain errors that the user would have seen on screen but I do not think that would provide any additional info.

Have you tried testing the internal rules individually to ensure they work correctly in isolation before integrating with the SAIL component?

Hope this helps

Cheers
    Paul
  • Hi - depending what version of Appian you're using the JBOSS / TOMCAT STDOUT logs might contain some additional helpful error information. The Design_Errors log will contain errors that the user would have seen on screen but I do not think that would provide any additional info.

Have you tried testing the internal rules individually to ensure they work correctly in isolation before integrating with the SAIL component?

Hope this helps

Cheers
    Paul
Children
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to paulc919
    Hi Paul, we tested all the internal rules and they all were fine. After days of Investigation we resolved the issue by adding a toString() function to some Parameters but there was no error at all describing the Problem and the rules were tested individually with no Problems. We are running on Appian 7.9 but we will move to 18.4 soon. Looking Forward to it :)