SEARCH entire grid

Hi,

How can I make a SEARCH field to look up keywords to filter an entire grid rather than filter by just one column field of the grid? If a recipe exists on this topic, that would also be helpful. Thanks!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Generally Appian doesn't handle 'fuzzy' search logic like this very well. But for your use case, one easyish solution does occur to me: create a view displaying the columns you want displayed, and then add one last column (which you wouldn't display on your grid) which contains a concatenation of all the columns you want to be included in the "entire grid" search. In your Query Entity, you can filter on that hidden column, and as far as I can think of, will generally satisfy all the needs of this use case.
    Certified Lead Developer
    Generally Appian doesn't handle 'fuzzy' search logic like this very well. But for your use case, one easyish solution does occur to me: create a view displaying the columns you want displayed, and then add one last column (which you wouldn't display on your grid) which contains a concatenation of all the columns you want to be included in the "entire grid" search. In your Query Entity, you can filter on that hidden column, and as far as I can think of, will generally satisfy all the needs of this use case.
Children
No Data