load() & with(): Editable Grid with filtering

Hi Community,

I need some ideas of what is the best practice to solve a problem I just encounter.

I did an editable grid with my own edits to: https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/18.4/recipe_add_validations_to_an_inline_editable_grid.html

Main change is that I retrieve the data from the DB with an expression rule that can use filtering (unless null). The Editable Grid works fine until this point, meaning that when I call the DB, save the data in a load() variable I can remove & add data.

Then I needed to do a filtering on the editable grid. For that, I save the filtering - from dropdowns and search boxes -  parameters in a load() variable. Inside the load, I have a with() - with the same content as I had on my load before -  that call the DB with the filtering options. That works fine, as when the user enters a value for filtering it directly display the information I am looking for. The problem is that the with() breaks the remove/ add functionality, as it would be expected, as with() cannot be saved to store values.

I get this error:

Interface Definition: Expression evaluation error: An error occurred while executing a save: Expression evaluation error: The save target must be a load() variable, process variable, or node input (or a rule input passed one of those three), but instead was...

What would be the practice here? - Concatenate loads and with variables? - Make a button to summit the filtering options and remove some user-friendly part of the interface?

Thanks!

Manuel

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi,

For anyone interested. I found my own way of doing the filtering on an editable grid with a load variable.

I used a load variable, as with the with variable i could call the a!queryentity and do the filters but not save the values on the GRID. As well, having on-line data could mismatch the ri! variables that I used for tracking the changes.

The key to solve this problem was to load all the data but not display it all. Depending on the user filters, I would just display or not.

i,e,.

load(
    local!filter1,
    local!filter2,
    local!allmydata: expressionrulegetdata(),

a!integerField(
    label: "abc",
    value:local!filter1,
    saveInto: loval!filter1
    ),

a!gridlayout(

rows: a!foreach(

items: local!mythedata,

expression: if(or(fv!item.id = local!filter1, isnull(local!filter),
    {
    // code to show content
    },
    {
    // empty array for the false condition (no filter matched)
    }

)
    )
  • Hi,

For anyone interested. I found my own way of doing the filtering on an editable grid with a load variable.

I used a load variable, as with the with variable i could call the a!queryentity and do the filters but not save the values on the GRID. As well, having on-line data could mismatch the ri! variables that I used for tracking the changes.

The key to solve this problem was to load all the data but not display it all. Depending on the user filters, I would just display or not.

i,e,.

load(
    local!filter1,
    local!filter2,
    local!allmydata: expressionrulegetdata(),

a!integerField(
    label: "abc",
    value:local!filter1,
    saveInto: loval!filter1
    ),

a!gridlayout(

rows: a!foreach(

items: local!mythedata,

expression: if(or(fv!item.id = local!filter1, isnull(local!filter),
    {
    // code to show content
    },
    {
    // empty array for the false condition (no filter matched)
    }

)
    )
Children
No Data