Styled Icon in a Paging Grid

A Score Level 2

Hello !

I would like to know if it's possible to use Styled Icons in a Paging Grid (via a a!richTextIcon() or other) ?

• I did manage to use Styled Icons in an Editable Grid,
  • I also did manage to use Indicator Icons in a Paging Grid,
  • but I did not manage to use Styled Icons in a Paging Grid. 

It though it would be possible as it can be done in a record List grid view for example.

Thanks for your help !

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi everyone,
    Thank you for your answers !
    I am well aware of the gridImageColumn workaround, the unicode character is also a good idea.
    My main concern was about the ablity to use rich text icons in paging grids. I do understand that there is currently no way to do so.
    Thanks again !
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to Fneup

Hi Fneup,

Steps to use custom Icon as below,

1.you can upload custom icon as document in Appian

2.use a!richtextdisplayField inside use a!richtexticon and inside image contain use a!documentImage and give uploaded documentID and icon will display.

eg. a!richTextDisplayField(
    value:
    {
    a!richTextImage(image: a!documentImage(document: "20817",altText: "Test")),
    a!richTextImage(image: a!documentImage(document: "20816",altText: "Test"))
    }
    )

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to saurabhm0002

Just FYI, this was a very old post.  Some of us refer to these as "zombie threads".

Since this was originally posted, 19.2 was introduced which came with a whole new Paging Grid (aka Read-Only Grid) component, which now uses a!gridColumn() (instead of a!gridTextColumn()), which can be fed a rich text display field as the value for any or all cells, which marks a dramatic improvement.

For what it's worth, I recommend people use a!richTextIcon() and the natively supported icon set (as opposed to the a!documentImage approach seen here), unless there are strong reasons that require it - just for standardization and upkeep reasons.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to saurabhm0002

Just FYI, this was a very old post.  Some of us refer to these as "zombie threads".

Since this was originally posted, 19.2 was introduced which came with a whole new Paging Grid (aka Read-Only Grid) component, which now uses a!gridColumn() (instead of a!gridTextColumn()), which can be fed a rich text display field as the value for any or all cells, which marks a dramatic improvement.

For what it's worth, I recommend people use a!richTextIcon() and the natively supported icon set (as opposed to the a!documentImage approach seen here), unless there are strong reasons that require it - just for standardization and upkeep reasons.

Children
No Data