SVG Format Images not fully supported

A Score Level 2

Hello Appian Practitioners,

I am trying to add SVG images within Appian (18.4) user interface and attach a link to it, using a!imageField().

However, it displays the image only if size:"TINY" or isThumbnail:true. 

I am not able to get different sizes of SVG image while keeping thumbnail = false. 

Is this a bug in my environment or Appian does not support this image type?

I also tried using richtextimage but failed.

Appreciate any pointers!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • For the size issue Michael is correct. Many SVG files saved from a photo editing program do not contain an actual size and width built into the .xml code of the SVG, which Appian looks for to display an image.

I was able to get an SVG image to display on an interface as the size "Fit", which looks for the native size that you will manually set in the .xml code. All other image size options within Appian will display nothing unless you also set it as a thumbnail.

• For the size issue Michael is correct. Many SVG files saved from a photo editing program do not contain an actual size and width built into the .xml code of the SVG, which Appian looks for to display an image.

I was able to get an SVG image to display on an interface as the size "Fit", which looks for the native size that you will manually set in the .xml code. All other image size options within Appian will display nothing unless you also set it as a thumbnail.

Children