Using 2 Smart Services in one Button Click

Certified Senior Developer

Hi,

I have a UI which shows list of Data showing in Grid format. In this I have a requirement that, user can select records and delete, and at the same time time they will receive mail regarding this. But when I'm writing 2 smart services (deletefromdatastoreentity() and startprocess()) in the Button it is throwing error. And when I am putting delete smart service in Process Model and calling that in the button, the Grid is not automatically getting updated.

Could anyone please suggest the wayout from here?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi Appian doesn't allow executing more than one smart service function on saveInto, and hence to achieve your requirement, you will need to build one wrapper process, which will contain the nodes to perform Deletion and Sending an email to the user, and you will need to consume this using a!startProcess() under saveInto of your Interface.

You just need to pass the required data via parameters to this Wrapper process, using the input parameter of a!startprocess() function under saveInto.

Also as per my understanding, Deleting Business critical data via process is always recommended, in this way you will have the track of the data being deleted, in case if something goes wrong, you will have the opportunity to monitor the instances, whereas if you are deleting a business critical data using smart service function, you will loose the Audit Track.
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi Appian doesn't allow executing more than one smart service function on saveInto, and hence to achieve your requirement, you will need to build one wrapper process, which will contain the nodes to perform Deletion and Sending an email to the user, and you will need to consume this using a!startProcess() under saveInto of your Interface.

You just need to pass the required data via parameters to this Wrapper process, using the input parameter of a!startprocess() function under saveInto.

Also as per my understanding, Deleting Business critical data via process is always recommended, in this way you will have the track of the data being deleted, in case if something goes wrong, you will have the opportunity to monitor the instances, whereas if you are deleting a business critical data using smart service function, you will loose the Audit Track.
Children
No Data