Behavior of Editable grid on validation

All,
I observed a behavior with editable grid for which I need help to get around that.

Setup:
We have a set of filters set up where user can enter values in, and based on the values we query the data source and return the results and display in editable grid where user can update the value if needed. Now, because of the number of filters we have introduces a "Search" button. Clicking on that will hide the filters and show the grid with the results. Similarly, we have "Edit Filters" button to show the filters and hide the grid. On Search, I am saving the data in datasubset. And I am resetting that datasubset on Edit Filters.

Behavior:
User selects the filters and hit Search. We display results.
(1) The grid contains IntegerField component which is editable. Now, user enters random, non-integer value in the integerField (let's say in row 1). Which will trigger validation that it should be a number. Without doing anything, user clicks on the Edit Filters button. Which will hide the grid, resets the datasubset, and brings up the filters. User changes some filters criteria and hit Search. But when the editable grid shows up, the random, non-integer value in the row 1's integerField is still as is with validation. Hope was, when user comes back, it would go away.

(2) The grid contains DateTimeField component which is editable. Now, user just enters date and not time. User hits Edit Filters. Without changing anything, hits the search again. The date user entered is still there. It should null out.

P.S. I used buttonWidget with submit=false for Search and Edit Filters.

Thanks in advanced.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible