Display document name upon uploading the document in the editable grid

Hi,

I have a requirement where user uploads the document(at this stage we have the temporary document) in the editable grid. Beside of the document component, we should display the document name in the text field. If user wants they can edit the document name. I have explored fv!file variables which is not possible to use in saveInto. I just want to know whether we can do this or not. If so, is there any tweaks to achieve this requirement? 

Thanks in advance,

Anju

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Top Replies

Parents
  • Hi Anju,

In one of the processes, I am getting the document name on file upload.
    I have used fn!getcontentobjectdetailsbyid(ri!documentId) in the save into of fileupload component to achieve this.
    Thanks.
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to sriranjanir
    It looks like using this plugin would work for this purpose, though I would warn that it might not be officially supported functionality and might be subject to removal in the future. Another consideration is the fact that the plugin function mentioned here returns a plaintext blob including the document's full name with extension, so the designer would be responsible for building a parser to extract just the "name" portion (pre extension), since we can't set extensions on the Appian side.

If going this route, I would recommend at the very least encapsulating the above in a new expression rule which you will use everywhere that this needs to be handled, in such a way that if the functionality is ever changed (i.e. the plugin is updated and its data output is slightly different, etc), there will be a single place needing updating.
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to sriranjanir
    It looks like using this plugin would work for this purpose, though I would warn that it might not be officially supported functionality and might be subject to removal in the future. Another consideration is the fact that the plugin function mentioned here returns a plaintext blob including the document's full name with extension, so the designer would be responsible for building a parser to extract just the "name" portion (pre extension), since we can't set extensions on the Appian side.

If going this route, I would recommend at the very least encapsulating the above in a new expression rule which you will use everywhere that this needs to be handled, in such a way that if the functionality is ever changed (i.e. the plugin is updated and its data output is slightly different, etc), there will be a single place needing updating.
Children