re-direction from Summary view to Records List view

Hi , 

I have related Action "Delete" in the summary view of a record for the soft deletion.After the action is completed it is throwing an error "An Error Has Occurred The record data does not exist, has been deleted, or you do not have sufficient privileges to access it. (APNX-1-4205-006)" . Is there any way i can do redirection to Records list view instead of summary view so that i can avoid this error message.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Hi 

No, it's the default message Appian throws, when you delete the current record via a related action and you have chained the process till the end node.

One way to avoid this is, unchain the nodes of your related action process, post submission of the form / User Input Task.

Advantage of this approach:

You will be redirected to this current record summary.

Disadvantage of this approach:

You will be able to see the current row summary even when it is deleted (soft delete - by making flag as false OR hard delete by just removing the row) via related action. Because, you have unchained the process after User Input Task Node and hence you are getting redirected to the summary before the deletion of the current row. Hence, you will need to manually click on your record link to go back to the Record List View.

Hopefully Appian may handle this in their upcoming releases.

Hope this will help.

• I have a relation action shortcut on a record summary 

When I perform "Delete Record" related action ,the record successfully gets deleted through a process model without activity chaining but after deletion it returns back to the Summary dashboard instead of the Record grid view...How can I handle this? 

Reply Children