Default filters in records doesn't filter date field in the grid

Certified Associate Developer

Hi,

I have created a entity backed record with Grid type list view. Out of the multiple columns one of the field is a date field. Using the default search box I am able to search on all the columns except the date field. Is it possible for the default filter to search on Date field? Let me know your inputs

Thank you in Advance.

Nikita.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • No, the Search is a text only "contains" search. That is: it will look across each row and where there is a Text value it will look for a match of you search term anywhere within the text values. So you have two choices:

• create a text-based version of the Date in the database (you could create a VIEW on the current table and make the date into a text-representation so that it comes over to the record already in text form). I've found I often end up using VIEWs for my Record List Views as they often need to contain data from across multiple related tables and can allow you to conduct this kind of transformation as well
    • you can add a date filter to your record (which is a type of search in its own right)
  • No, the Search is a text only "contains" search. That is: it will look across each row and where there is a Text value it will look for a match of you search term anywhere within the text values. So you have two choices:

• create a text-based version of the Date in the database (you could create a VIEW on the current table and make the date into a text-representation so that it comes over to the record already in text form). I've found I often end up using VIEWs for my Record List Views as they often need to contain data from across multiple related tables and can allow you to conduct this kind of transformation as well
    • you can add a date filter to your record (which is a type of search in its own right)
Children
No Data