Low code app for plant layout(like Visio)using Appian

Hello

I have following requirement for my App
1.The App should Run on Window platform i.e. ex-proofed tablets(e.g. Latitude 7212 Rugged Extreme) or windows 10 desktop/Laptop. The app should work offline as well.
2.Basic functionality is that the app should create Plant Layout with some custom shapes(similar like Microsoft Visio) .It will take some parameter input with respect to custom shape and then it will save to database for future reference.
3.The app will have the drawing canvas where user can drag/drop custom shape for the plant layout. In addition to this on click of the custom shape it will show its properties.

Refer below picture for the required app UI

Now my questions are as below

Is it possible with Appian to develop such app with low code?

Is Micosoft Visio + Appian integration work?

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

For offline functionality, you can reference the documentation here: https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/19.2/Designing_for_Offline_Mobile.html. Utilizing an integration offline won't be possible if you are trying to use it directly within an Appian interface. You could potentially send data to the integration if you are collecting everything within Appian, but Appian won't provide drawing canvas functionality as you described.

For manipulating floor plans, it sounds like you would want to use a GIS system. Integration with Appian would depend on what GIS system you plan to use. The Web Content component probably makes the most sense to display the integration within Appian, but it really depends on the other system's integration options and what your use case is for the end user. You could also use a Component Plugin if the Web Content component doesn't provide enough functionality with the integration.

Certified Lead Developer

For offline functionality, you can reference the documentation here: https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/19.2/Designing_for_Offline_Mobile.html. Utilizing an integration offline won't be possible if you are trying to use it directly within an Appian interface. You could potentially send data to the integration if you are collecting everything within Appian, but Appian won't provide drawing canvas functionality as you described.

For manipulating floor plans, it sounds like you would want to use a GIS system. Integration with Appian would depend on what GIS system you plan to use. The Web Content component probably makes the most sense to display the integration within Appian, but it really depends on the other system's integration options and what your use case is for the end user. You could also use a Component Plugin if the Web Content component doesn't provide enough functionality with the integration.

Children