19.2 Grid PageSize max limit?

Certified Senior Developer

In appian 19.2 there is a new grid component where pageSize is the number of items to display per page. I know in the old grid, using -1 will return all the records, but this causes an error in the new one. Is there a number to represent all and if not what is the max limit? 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • You cannot use -1 for the page size or batch size in the new a!gridField(), so you have a few options:

1) Use an arbitrarily large number (e.g. 1000)

2) Use a!gridLayout()

I recommend (1) to use an arbitrarily large number. It's important to have some limit to the page size because using -1 can lead to performance problems either querying the data or rendering the grid. If you expect your data to only include a small number of rows, then using 1000 as a batch size essentially works the same as using -1.

As far as the max limit, I am not aware of a limit. However, I strongly recommend against very large batch sizes (e.g. 1 000 000) because it's nearly impossible to make that many rows returned perform well.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Peter Lewis

Also keep in mind the poor user who is going to have to scroll through a million rows after the thing does load.

Think about the largest number of rows you would want on the screen at a given time.

Reply Children
No Data