Maintain user context across pages/ site tabs

Certified Lead Developer

We have a site with multiple tabs.

- Consider one tab in the site, which is a report view, shows a set of records as a custom SAIL grid field, with pagination and having the recordLink. When user clicks on record they can view the record summary view and take actions through related actions capability. Also the tab contains other grids/ views and graphs, which could be in various state depending on users actions.

When user views the record summary view(which opens up in the tab) and goes back to the tab, the filters and pagination applied is not maintained. Is there a way to store the users context of view (also consider there are multiple grids/ other stuff on this report view) between these UI switches? 

What would be a better way to implement this? - Should we not use record view and try using a submitLink and use show hide concept. How would you then implement record actions, which call in for chained actions? 

Thank you in advance.

Harish

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

For any custom-built forms (i.e. task reports or manually-created record list grids), you could use a!writeToDataStore from the interface to write per-user page configuration settings to a special database table, which you attempt to load whenever a user hits that form.  I've implemented this in a few different places and with some work, it can work pretty well. 

There's no way that I know of to shoehorn such functionality into the out-of-box Record Grid, though, not until they give us more granular control over the configuration of it.

Certified Lead Developer

For any custom-built forms (i.e. task reports or manually-created record list grids), you could use a!writeToDataStore from the interface to write per-user page configuration settings to a special database table, which you attempt to load whenever a user hits that form.  I've implemented this in a few different places and with some work, it can work pretty well. 

There's no way that I know of to shoehorn such functionality into the out-of-box Record Grid, though, not until they give us more granular control over the configuration of it.

Children
No Data