Need filter case insensitive

Hi ,

I want to change in my filter query to make condition caps insensitive. But i am unable to do that.

a!queryFilter(
field: "name",
operator: "in",
value: ri!name
),

which filter/operator/function we can use to achieve this. In DB we have already saved data which now we can't modify , can't do any DML on DB.

At appian side only need to put validation like that only.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Keep in mind that this isn't really up to Appian, it is based on your database collation. If the collation is case sensitive, Appian will perform a case sensitive search. If it is case insensitive, the search will also be case insensitive. Can you check your collation in the database? By default, MySQL and SQL Server use collations that don't distinguish between case, so you can use the "includes" operator to perform an operation equivalent to the LIKE operator in SQL.

If your collation is case sensitive (and you can't change it to case insensitive), you might have to do a workaround like create a database view with an extra column with all lowercase values. Then, you can query against that column using filter values that are also all lowercase.