Is it possible to update the rule input of a parent interface from a process model that is started by a!startprocesslink?

Certified Senior Developer

I have a report that displays all of X item that belongs to me from a query set in to a local variable. I have a way to add more X items through the report by using a a!startprocesslink to kick off the process to add the new items. Upon completion I am taken back to the report, however the data displayed is the still the same and has not been updated even though the write to db has been completed in the PM. I know in 19.2 we can use a!refreshvariable to have the query update again based on a variable change, but is there anyway to do this through the process model ? 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Do you need to use a!startProcessLink?  I've done similar before with a!startProcess (where the process started is unattended); including various actions like generating a document or updating a database value.  The key is, as long as activity chaining is enabled through the end of the process (preferably), or at least through the "action" nodes, the form's values should update to reflect the changes in most circumstances.  a!refreshVariable probably makes this easier actually, though you need to have it set right.  Can we have more details as to your current configuration?  In your local interface, how is the variable declared that's apparently not refreshing after the database write?

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Mike Schmitt

We have to use a!startProcessLink because the form requires user interaction and is complex. I did set initial query to an a!refreshVariable, setting the refreshOnVarChange parameter to a rule input ri!btnValue_text. It's working right now, but unsure on why because the btnValue_text is not updated in the form. 

Reply Children
No Data