I have a query node to insert data into a table. I have a seperate process to re

I have a query node to insert data into a table. I have a seperate process to retrieve that data via query database node, then display it on a form. The issue is after submitting the form to write to database and then immediately turn to the page that fetches that same row, it does not show up. I have to invoke the display process twice before the row actually shows up. I do have a confirmation page after the insert query node to provide the delay, but it seems like its not enough. What can I do in this situation? I don't want the user to lookup the row more than once to see the data....

OriginalPostID-35612

OriginalPostID-35612

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Take a look at the process history of your data retrieval process to make sure the process variables are being mapped correctly, I'd also take a look at the query to make sure it's correct. If running the query manually in your RDBMS correctly returns the updated data before running the data retrieval process then there's no way the Query RDBMS retrieves old data; the smart service works in the same way as executing the query in your RDBMS directly; so what you see in there is what you will get in Appian.

Complete the Write Process, run the query manually in your RDBMS, then execute the data retrieval process and confirm there's a discrepancy; if there is; then open the instance in "Edit Mode" and check the configuration of the Query RDBMS node to make sure you are indeed running the correct query.
  • Take a look at the process history of your data retrieval process to make sure the process variables are being mapped correctly, I'd also take a look at the query to make sure it's correct. If running the query manually in your RDBMS correctly returns the updated data before running the data retrieval process then there's no way the Query RDBMS retrieves old data; the smart service works in the same way as executing the query in your RDBMS directly; so what you see in there is what you will get in Appian.

Complete the Write Process, run the query manually in your RDBMS, then execute the data retrieval process and confirm there's a discrepancy; if there is; then open the instance in "Edit Mode" and check the configuration of the Query RDBMS node to make sure you are indeed running the correct query.
Children
No Data