Unable to start 2 or more smart service at the same time

Interface Definition: Expression evaluation error [evaluation ID = XVWQ7PGA] : An error occurred while executing a save: Expression evaluation error : Attempted to run a second smart service, but only one smart service can be run per expression evaluation.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • ...then your best bet is to start a process to achieve this as you can run both of these in sequence or in parallel as requirements dictate.

Appian Employee
    in reply to kassem

Agreed with Stewart - a process is probably your best bet.

The one other way I've done this is to do a different kind of delete. Often, when I "delete" data I want to hide it from users but not delete from the database because that will permanently remove the data. So, I create an extra boolean column in my CDT called "isDeleted" or something like that. Now, whenever I want to delete a row, I actually just change the value of the isDeleted field to true. Since this no longer requires a delete (only writeToDataStoreEntity()), you can now do this all in the same transaction.

All that being said - if you already have it set up to delete from the DB, you probably don't need to change it. This is just food for thought in the future Slight smile