Displaying HTML Data in a grid

Hi,

I have a requirement like displaying HTML Data directly by removing tags in a grid in UI.

Apart from stripHtml() function,Is there any smart service or function in APPIAN.

Can anyone help me on this.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Archana.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Is the stripHtml() not working? It should remove any tags in a text string and leave the text. That being said, if you need to format the data further, there are a lot of other text functions (e.g. stripwith, cleanwith, trim, substitute) that may help you get exactly the data you need. Can you give more information on what your data looks like and what you are trying to display?

• Hi Peter,

Thanks for your response.

Our data looks  like HTML table data displaying it into a grid  in interface.

Actually I am looking for, is there any smart service /function apart from stripHtml() to do .

For Instance: we have smart service like "Get Base64 Document from"  to display it in UI. (by giving the base 64 string in db and passing sql statement in smart service).

Suggest me is there any alternative for this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Archana. K

• Ah gotcha, so you want to display an HTML table as a grid in Appian? I don't know of any one function that would convert this, but you can definitely use a variety of functions to get what you need by using the split() function to split at both <tr> and <td> to generate rows and columns and then formatting / removing any data you don't need. Can you post a sample of the structure of your HTML table?