Need to download files in zip format

Hi,

I have list of files on UI which i want to download in zip folder.

What is the way out to implement this approach.

Kindly share me any code or any approach on this ?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

You need one of two available plug-ins: "Add Documents to Zip", or "Document Zipper", depending on your use case.  Document Zipper appears to be an easier tool if you want to create a zip file based on the entire contents of an existing Appian file folder; Add Documents to Zip is probably the better tool when you need to manually construct a zip from an arbitrary list of files, and/or when you need to add new files to an existing zip file.

Unfortunately, nobody here will be able to write your process model for you, so i'm afraid the best approach I can recommend is just to try, see how far you can get, and come back here with more specific questions when you get stuck on something.  Previous posts (like in the few other threads you've added recent comments to), should provide a lot of help as far as how to implement one of these.

• Just to kick start. I will select list of files on UI grid which I will pass to Process model.

In that at first node I will create new folder n then will push all selected files in that. Then will add Document to Zipper smart service for further processing. I am going to implement this approach. Will post you if any issue comes. I hope that is correct on.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to sauravk

If you use the "add documents to zip" smart service (and not "document zipper"), then you can feed in the document ids directly without worrying about copying / moving them to a different folder within Appian first.  For most use cases this is probably a faster and more flexible approach.

Reply Children