Create Interface starting from Entity

Hello,

I am new in Appian coming from Mendix background. Is there a way to create Interface starting from existing entity, so automatically the interface will be "filled" with fields automatically, including one-to-many to be reflected as a table (Editable Grid).

Thanks in advance

Mahmoud

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi ,

Yes, it's possible to create interfaces from CDT (custom data type) in Appian.

Try creating a new interface and choose "Create from data type" option

This will bring you to the following screen

You can simply give the CDT name and it will generate an interface automatically while choosing the components according to your column data types and sizes. As far as I know it doesn't handle one-to-many and you won't be able to create grids using this.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,

Kunal

• Thank you Kunal,

it was useful, I did not know that after creating the interface I can select "Create from data type" from the templates on right.

What about creating table (editable grid) in same way. even if there is no one-to-many relationship. e.g. assume I have an entity or CDT called EMPLOYEE and I wanna create editable grid of it, is there a way to generate it or I have to build it manually?

• Thank you Kunal,

it was useful, I did not know that after creating the interface I can select "Create from data type" from the templates on right.

What about creating table (editable grid) in same way. even if there is no one-to-many relationship. e.g. assume I have an entity or CDT called EMPLOYEE and I wanna create editable grid of it, is there a way to generate it or I have to build it manually?

Children