Documents upload and delete

Hi All,

I'm  new to Appian and have a requirement  where a user should upload multiple documents and delete any accidentally uploaded documents.

On submit, the process model would kick start where the documents details get stored in database. Also,we need to delete the documents if any.

After file upload , Need to get the link to download.

It would be helpful if I get any sample  code to refer.

Thanks....

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I'm a little confused by what your requirement / desired process flow is here?

a user should upload multiple documents

(simple enough...)

and delete any accidentally uploaded documents

what/who is determining which document(s) are considered as "accidentally uploaded"?

the process model would kick start where the documents details get stored in database.

(this sounds fine also. should be straightforward to implement.)

Also,we need to delete the documents

Why would you delete the documents just after uploading?  Am I missing something?

FYI there isn't really any "link" to get, really - all you need is the Appian Document ID for each uploaded document (which you get automatically after submitting the original form the document(s) were uploaded on), and a!documentDownloadLink() on an interface.  So just make sure your database row for a document includes its Appian Document ID.

Certified Lead Developer

I'm a little confused by what your requirement / desired process flow is here?

a user should upload multiple documents

(simple enough...)

and delete any accidentally uploaded documents

what/who is determining which document(s) are considered as "accidentally uploaded"?

the process model would kick start where the documents details get stored in database.

(this sounds fine also. should be straightforward to implement.)

Also,we need to delete the documents

Why would you delete the documents just after uploading?  Am I missing something?

FYI there isn't really any "link" to get, really - all you need is the Appian Document ID for each uploaded document (which you get automatically after submitting the original form the document(s) were uploaded on), and a!documentDownloadLink() on an interface.  So just make sure your database row for a document includes its Appian Document ID.

Children
No Data