How to embed text or another grid inside a grid row?

Hi,

I am not sure if anyone has tried it, but I would like use some sort of embedded component within a grid row to add text or another grid. It would be something as in the attached document.

In our process flow, the user creates a record which goes through an approval process. Through the process, the record status changes as submitted, approved, rejected, updated. I want to display the workflow activity for the status transition right there on the grid row where my record is which transition information should be available to specific roles.

Another thing I have thought of was having a popup or a mouse hover to show this information (some sort of drill down).

Does anyone have an idea on how to accomplish that?

Thank you,

Roberta

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

I'm having a hard time picturing exactly what you're after, but there are 2 rather easy options I'd encourage you to explore, depending on the subtleties of your use case:

1) you should be able to create a list of grids and/or a list of sections (or box layouts) that contain grids, depending on your source data.

2) within the cell of a single grid, you should be able to use a Rich Text display component, in order to create a varied / dynamic display of information within that cell - this can include multiple rows, bulleted lists, links if needed, all using features of the rich text component such as icons, styling, colors, etc.

• Thank you, Mike. #2 worked fine for me.

I didn't know about #1 but I will play with that a little. Do you have any reference/recipe on #1 that I can take a look?

Thank you so much!

Roberta

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to robertab0001

Honestly, use cases that would use my suggestion #1 are probably a little more rare - it would of course depend on your data structure and data set, but in general it's something you might consider if you have a bunch of entities, all of which would merit having their own grid (nominally each of these grids would only have a few rows, or at least a smaller page size). 

For one example, though, you could iterate over a list of customer organizations, and for each organization you create an independent section containing a grid where the grid contains that organization's support contacts/etc.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to robertab0001

Honestly, use cases that would use my suggestion #1 are probably a little more rare - it would of course depend on your data structure and data set, but in general it's something you might consider if you have a bunch of entities, all of which would merit having their own grid (nominally each of these grids would only have a few rows, or at least a smaller page size). 

For one example, though, you could iterate over a list of customer organizations, and for each organization you create an independent section containing a grid where the grid contains that organization's support contacts/etc.

Children
No Data