Completion message while ending a task

Certified Associate Developer

Hello All,

We have a process wherein user completes one task and another task is automatically getting accepted to them. When user clicks the end button they are not able to see anything and new task is opened for them, This makes a confusion in order to understand whether the task was closed or not and the task that they are seeing is the new task or the same old task. Hence, As a solution to it we are looking for some kind of message display or something similar that can tell the user that your task is successfully closed. Can someone please help here? Thanks in advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    user completes one task and another task is automatically getting accepted to them.

I would personally need some more detail regarding what your current configuration is, before attempting a guess as to what's happening here.  Can you post, perhaps, a screenshot of your process flow? There are at least a half dozen different scenarios I could think of that might lead to this question:

• Does your process model have two consecutive User Input Task nodes that both look similar?
    • Or is it that you're using a Sites tab pointing to a process model with a "Start" form, but nothing else after the start form when a user submits the data (which to a user would look like they're getting a "new task" with blank fields immediately after submitting, but it's really not a "task" at all)?

Hence more detail being needed.

Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to Mike Schmitt

Hi Mike

You are almost correct about the implementation. Let me explain you the entire set up now.

1) Currently as a user you go to a specific site. There you can see the link to open a task.

2) Once you click on that link. a!startProcessLink() is being called in the backend

3) Inside this process model we are making an integration call that takes the data from 3rd party system

4) Using that data a task form is generated and shown to the user

5) Now after entering the required details when user clicks complete task, The current process gets ended and a new call to the same process is being made

6) Which in return makes an integration call to 3rd party system. Collects data and display the task.

7) This entire process keeps on running until user finally click one of the button that stops this behavior and let them get back to the site again

So, point (5) and point (6) is needs to be separated here. I.e when user clicks on complete task and before the next task becomes available. We need some kind of message display to make them aware whether the task they are seeing currently is the new task or the old one

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to viveku3486

It should be fairly easy to add a "confirmation screen" task after the initial task is submitted.  From here a user could confirm that they want to step into another "round", and perhaps with the option to exit from there.

Reply Children