Paragraph field with multiple lines

I am looking for code to have a paragraph field which should allow user to enter multiple phone numbers, each number should be in a separate line without any separator like semicolon (it is like when we create APPIAN Constant for text/number array, the paragraph will take each value in a separate line. I do also need the same). Please let me know if you idea about it.

Thanks,

Shanmugapriya K

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hello Shanmuhapriyak,

As per my understanding you are able to enter multiple phone number in a paragraph field but when you display it is showing in single text without <br> and  if that is the case then you  can use below code to achieve the requirement.

load(
    local!phonenumber,
    a!formLayout(
    contents:
    {
    a!paragraphField(
    label:"phone number" & local!phonenumber,
    value:local!phonenumber,
    saveInto: local!phonenumber
    ),
    a!richTextDisplayField(
    value: a!richTextBulletedList(
    items: a!forEach(
    items: local!phonenumber,
    expression: a!richTextItem(
    text: fv!item
    )
    )
    )
    )
    }
    )
    )

• Thanks Aswin.

Not to display, but when user enters phone numbers then that should be stored it in array format. Need to do validation for each phone number to verify it has all digits only phone number doesn't exceed 10. 

In paragraph field, though if i use text array to store the user entered phone numbers(without semicolon) then the count of variable(count(local!phonenumber)) is just 1.But i want to store value in array format though user enters without semicolon.

• you can use below code to achieve the case where user needs to press enter after entering every 10 digit so  we can replace the space with ; sing split function 

code below

load(
    local!phonenumber,
    a!formLayout(
    contents: {
    a!paragraphField(
    label: "phone number" & local!phonenumber,
    value: local!phonenumber,
    saveInto: local!phonenumber
    ),
    a!textField(
    value: if(