Displaying a richTestField for limit set of time

Hello All,

I have requirement where I need to display a message if my integration call returns false, and that message should disappear after sometime or user refresh the form. To display the message i am using rule input Boolean variable. If user submit the task and in process user receive false from integration call user  gets reverted back to task with the value and we are displaying the message. I tried using of refresh variable but not able to find the exact solution. Please suggest.

Thanks!!!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Couldn't you do something with a!localVariables with the option to refresh every thirty seconds?  You should be able to have it load the error when the form does (I'm assuming that you'd know whether it failed or not when the form loads), and then thirty seconds later update the display variable to false.  You'd be setting a boolean flag to false every 30 seconds, but I don't see that really draining the performance of your form too much.

If you don't know whether the integration failed on startup, I don't know what to tell you.  It seems you might have to write to the database, and query the database again every thirty seconds.  When the form gets it's AC! inputs and plugs them into the ri!'s of the form, that's the last you ever see of the process variables it seems.  I have yet to find a way to have the form go into it's parent process and pull what a PV is now.  That's what I was hoping, but still no.  To my knowledge Appian has yet to build a way for a process model to send a message to a form that's currently open, except via database.

Certified Lead Developer

Couldn't you do something with a!localVariables with the option to refresh every thirty seconds?  You should be able to have it load the error when the form does (I'm assuming that you'd know whether it failed or not when the form loads), and then thirty seconds later update the display variable to false.  You'd be setting a boolean flag to false every 30 seconds, but I don't see that really draining the performance of your form too much.

If you don't know whether the integration failed on startup, I don't know what to tell you.  It seems you might have to write to the database, and query the database again every thirty seconds.  When the form gets it's AC! inputs and plugs them into the ri!'s of the form, that's the last you ever see of the process variables it seems.  I have yet to find a way to have the form go into it's parent process and pull what a PV is now.  That's what I was hoping, but still no.  To my knowledge Appian has yet to build a way for a process model to send a message to a form that's currently open, except via database.

Children
No Data