I have kept certain fields as *required in my portal forms. However there are sc

I have kept certain fields as *required in my portal forms. However there are scenarios where a user can just cancel and go back to the previous form; the system does not allow the user to cancel citing that the mandatory fields are not populated. What is the design approach we should use for these cases?...

OriginalPostID-95197

OriginalPostID-95197

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • You can remove the out-of-the-box 'required' parameters and implement a conditional validation strategy on each of the inputs you want to be required. If any of these fields are not completed, an XOR after the UIT redirects the flow back to the original form and directs the user to re-enter missing information.

With this approach, you can achieve the desired effect of having required fields without causing issues with cancelling out of forms.
  • You can remove the out-of-the-box 'required' parameters and implement a conditional validation strategy on each of the inputs you want to be required. If any of these fields are not completed, an XOR after the UIT redirects the flow back to the original form and directs the user to re-enter missing information.

With this approach, you can achieve the desired effect of having required fields without causing issues with cancelling out of forms.
Children
No Data